You Are Enough

Every Fall I like to re-post one of my most popular poems to share with all of you again, or to share it with new readers. It's called You Are Enough.




2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9


Something, thee thing, I hear most often from fellow{and myself}woman/mothers/wives/friends is this: 

"I don't feel like enough." "I don't do enough." "I haven't done enough."

{those are lies}
I think the most important thing to remember is that this sentence does not translate into:
"I am not enough." 

I am filled with compassion toward others when I hear of this so often.
  I need to have more compassion for myself I think, and love myself better in this area.

For me I struggle because I can't physically do all that I want to do; even just around the house {making my bed can be tough on me}, so it can be maddening mentally if I think of all that needs to be done that I am unable to do. I've so grown and been refined in this area, learning to let go of a lot. Sometimes, that's the only way to survive. Letting go, that is.

I think of this so often, about how as women {And men, but in different ways}, we are so hard on ourselves, and think: We are either not good enough or not enough. Or that we don't do enough. Whether we are comparing ourselves to other women, or feeling inferior about our talents, or we can't keep up around the house, or we are feeling defeated as mothers, it's often a feeling that leaves us hollow and wishing we were more.

If I keep gently tugging at my skirt everyday to tell myself this, and drink some coffee, call a friend, watch for birds, love God, hug my daughter, encourage my husband, call my parents, pet my dog, and pray for the homeless, I know I'm actually OK. 

Well, here's the deal{the real truth}:
You are enough.
You cook enough.
You work enough.
You clean enough.
You play with your kids enough.
You smile enough.
You bake enough.
You craft enough.
You exercise enough. You exercise enough. Again---You exercise enough.
You are creative enough.
You care enough.
You car pool enough.
You attend children activities enough.
You walk the dog enough.
You eat healthy enough.
You drink water enough.
You organize enough.
You do laundry enough.
You are think enough.
You read to your kids enough.
You weed enough.
Your car is clean enough.
You read enough.
You write enough.
You paint enough.
You listen enough.
You are attractive enough.
You share enough.
You discipline enough.
You care enough.

You  are  beautiful.

Comments

Yes, there are times when I feel I am wasting or have wasted my life and think 'why bother', but these are but passing moments. My grace is sufficient unto thee. Amen.

Popular Posts